Dragon Age 2 was a surprising no-show at E3 2010. In fact, BioWare was notably almost MIA, with only Star Wars: The Old Republic showing up. There was no mention of the rumored Dragon Age 2 or Mass Effect 3, and that left fans disappointed.
Luckily, it hasn’t taken long after E3 2010 for details to arrive. GameInformer revealed that Dragon Age 2 will be its cover article for the next issue, and EA simultaneously revealed that Dragon Age 2’s trailer will be revealed during their gamescom press conference next month. Top that with concept art, information about the sequel, and a release date: March 2011, and you have a great day for BioWare fans.
The PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 were confirmed as platforms for Dragon Age 2, and BioWare producer Mark Darrah said that the developer will be “amplifying the things that made Dragon Age: Origins such a huge success while introducing a more dynamic combat system, improving the graphics, and telling the most important story in our world.”
The story in Dragon Age 2 will take place in “a different part of the world” of Ferelden, and will include a “ton of surprising improvements that will shed even more light on the lore of the Dragon Age universe.”
The game’s website also featured a host of details:
Experience the epic sequel to the 2009 Game of the Year from the critically acclaimed makers of Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2. You are one of the few who escaped the destruction of your home. Now, forced to fight for survival in an ever-changing world, you must gather the deadliest of allies, amass fame and fortune, and seal your place in history. This is the story of how the world changed forever. The legend of your Rise to Power begins now.
- Embark upon an all-new adventure that takes place across an entire decade and shapes itself around every decision you make.
- Determine your rise to power from a destitute refugee to the revered champion of the land.
- Think like a general and fight like a Spartan with dynamic new combat mechanics that put you right in the heart of battle whether you are a mage, rogue, or warrior.
- Go deeper into the world of Dragon Age with an entirely new cinematic experience that grabs hold of you from the beginning and never lets go.
- Discover a whole realm rendered in stunning detail with updated graphics and a new visual style.
Sounds pretty amazing, doesn’t it? Now, will we also learn about Mass Effect 3 in the coming weeks? One can only hope. That is, if our heads don’t already explode from all this BioWare goodness.
Source: Dragon Age 2 Website