Schneider Electric Keeps Gamers Protected, Connected, and In the Game with the First Uninterruptible Power Supply Designed for Gaming Gear
- New UPS keeps gamers connected in a power outage and protects their gaming hardware investment from damaging power irregularities
- Features large, easy-to-read display interface and 12 customizable RGB LED lights so gamers can customize the look to match their gaming setup
- Launching October 2020, this new offer will be available just in time for the 2020 holiday season
Schneider Electric, the leader in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, today announced the upcoming October 2020 launch of the APC Back-UPS™ Pro Gaming UPS, a stylish and state-of-the-art uninterruptible power supply (UPS) to protect gaming gear and maintain their connection through power irregularities, keeping gamers in the game. As the first UPS designed for gaming gear with gamers in mind, the APC Back-UPS™ Pro Gaming UPS delivers uninterrupted power protection, even during power outages and offers 12 customizable RGB LED lights enabling gamers to match their unique gaming PC and console designs.
As gamers invest more in their equipment and spend more time winning games, protecting both is critical. Gamers are protected with Sine wave battery backup power and AVR (Automatic Voltage Regulator) that delivers the smoother electrical current required by sensitive electronics protecting against power irregularities and resulting glitches during an outage. Adding the APC Back-UPS™ Pro Gaming UPS to their systems allows gamers to be confident they will remain:
- Protected: A gaming battery backup protects your valuable gaming system from more than seven different types of power interruptions.
- Connected: After shutting down a game, the system continues to provide power to a router and/or modem.
- In the Game: If the power is interrupted or lost during play, backup power allows gamers to finish a match and reap the rewards that have otherwise been lost.
“Gamers seek to be the best, and they deserve the best protection for their equipment. That’s why we’re so excited to provide these hard-working, hard-playing gamers with the peace of mind that their consoles or gaming PCs will be safe, even during a power blackout,” said Christian Enriquez, Global Product Marketing Manager, Schneider Electric. “APC by Schneider Electric, the worldwide leader in power protection for more than 30 years, has always been at the forefront of power protection technology, and is proud to introduce the very first UPS designed from the very beginning for gamers. We are excited to bring first-class power protection to the gaming arena and look forward to being a strong support class for gamers everywhere.”
The APC Back-UPS™ Pro Gaming UPS boasts a patented reactor circle which provides status of remaining power, surges, dips, power outages, and building wiring faults visible from every angle. Automatic voltage regulation protects against sporadic and irregular voltages while helping to extend the lifespan of gaming equipment. Available in two colors – Arctic (BGM1500) and Midnight (BGM1500B) – and 12 customizable RGB LED lights, gamers can also easily customize the look to match their gaming setup.
The all-new APC Back-UPS™ Pro Gaming UPS features:
- Six battery back-up outlets with surge protection that send power instantly to sensitive electronics, such as an Xbox, PlayStation, PCs, TVs, or routers/modems, during a power loss
- Four additional surge-only outlets to protect against unsafe power surges and “hard shutdowns” that can permanently damage equipment
- Three easy-access front USB ports to recharge devices, like a gaming headset and cellphone.
To see the APC Back-UPS™ Pro Gaming UPS in action, watch this video:
About Schneider Electric
At Schneider, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to make the most of their energy and resources, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment.
We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. We combine world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
We are committed to unleash the infinite possibilities of an open, global, innovative community that is passionate about our Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.