PS3 System Update 4.10 is live now. Download link and info after the jump.
From the PS Blog:
First off, once you download the new system software, you will be asked to accept a change to our Terms of Service. In an effort for more unity between PlayStation Network (PSN) and other Sony Entertainment Network services, your “PSN Account” will now be named “Sony Entertainment Network Account.” Please note that this change is one in name only and will not change the PSN that you know and love. You’ll still play games online, still have access to the latest downloadable games and add-ons, and still experience a wide variety of movies, sports and music across PSN.
With this system software update (v4.10), we’ll also be updating the PS3 Internet Browser with improved display speed.
Be sure to download the proper file for your PS3. Japan’s update file isn’t the same as the US or EU update file.
Here is the download link. Note the region:
- US Official Download Link 4.10
- EU Official Download Link 4.10
- Japan Official Download Link 4.10
- Au/NZ Download Link 4.10
Update using a PC Required items
- PLAYSTATION®3 system
- A wireless controller
- A USB cable
- A PC with Internet access
- Storage media (Memory Stick™, SD Memory Card, CompactFlash®)* or a USB Mass Storage device such as a USB flash drive
(At least 130 MB of free space required)
* An appropriate USB adaptor (not included) is required to use storage media with some models.
Update data download procedure
- Create a folder on the storage media in which to save the update data.
Using a PC, create a folder named “PS3” on the storage media or USB device. Within the PS3 folder, create a folder named “UPDATE”.
- Download the update data from the above links and save it in the “UPDATE” folder created in step 1.
Notice: Be sure to save the update data as noted below. If the data is not saved in the correct way, the PS3™ system will not recognize the update data. The folder name must be in all uppercase letters.
- Location: Save in the “PS3” folder > “UPDATE” folder
- File name: Save as file name “PS3UPDAT.PUP”.
Update procedure Notices
- Do not turn off the PS3™ system or remove the storage media or USB device during an update. If an update is cancelled before completion, the system software may become damaged, and the system may require servicing or exchange.
- During an update, the power button on the system front and PS button of the controller are inactive.
- Insert the storage media or USB device that contains the update data in the PS3™ system.
- From the home menu, select (Settings) > (System Update), and then press the button.
- Select [Update via Storage Media], and then press the button.
The system automatically searches for and finds the update data saved on the storage media or USB device.
- Start the update data.
Press the button to start the update data. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
- Confirm that the update was successful.
After the update has been completed, go to (Settings) > (System Settings) > [System Information]. If the [System Software] field displays the version number of the update, the update was successful.
Hint: You can delete the update data from the storage media or USB device after the update has been successfully completed.