NPD: Online Gamers Spend 8 Hours Per Week Gaming

Today the NPD Group released a study that claims the average number of online hours spent gaming has increased 10 percent since 2009 and sits at 8 hours per week as opposed to 7.3 hours last year.

The study found that a whopping 85 percent of worldwide online gamers use the PC, which leaves 15 percent for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii and other systems. Among consoles the report says that the Xbox 360 was the top video game system for online gaming, with 48% of users playing online. The PlayStation 3 and Wii both stand at about 30% online use.

According to the study, “the percentage of the population that reports playing games has declined slightly.” But, the study also found that there is “both stability and growth in both online and offline gaming.”

How many hours do you spend gaming online each week?


Source: Edge Online