All ASTRO Gaming Pro Teams to Compete at MLG Winter Championship, March 15-17 in Dallas, TX
Astro now the proud sponsor of: EVIL GENIUSES, TEAM SOLOMID, OPTIC GAMING AND ENVYUS
ASTRO Gaming, a division of Skullcandy, Inc. (Nasdaq: SKUL), and creators of premium video gaming equipment for professional and hardcore gamers, today announced a dramatic expansion of its professional gaming sponsorship efforts by establishing official relationships with four of today’s most dominant pro gaming teams, including Evil Geniuses, Team SoloMid, OpTic Gaming and EnVyUs. Each of the four ASTRO Gaming professional teams will be competing alongside more than 1,000 other eSport superstars from around the world at the Major League Gaming Winter Championship this weekend in Dallas, March 15-17. Players and teams will compete in a variety of games, including Call of Duty®: Black Ops II™, League of Legends™ and Starcraft® II: Heart of the Swarm™ for $170,000 in prizes.
“The ASTRO Gaming brand, our culture and our products are firmly embedded within the professional gaming world. Pro gaming is where we started, it’s where we honed our reputation for delivering unprecedented audio performance matched with cutting edge technology and it will provide the inspiration for the next wave of professional-grade ASTRO Gaming gear,” said Aron Drayer, Director of Marketing, ASTRO Gaming. “Our headsets have long been associated with dominance in professional gaming. That competitive edge is the direct result of our close reciprocal relationships with pro gaming players and teams, including EG, TSM, OpTic and EnVyUs. We provide them with unmatched performance and audio fidelity and they help us make our products even better season after season.”
“We’re very happy to have been welcomed into the ASTRO portfolio of sponsored teams,” said Alexander Garfield, CEO of Evil Geniuses. “We’ve always admired ASTRO’s attention to detail and approach to eSports, and we expect this partnership to help Evil Geniuses in a variety of different ways.”
“We are extremely proud to be sponsored by ASTRO! They have the best headsets on the market and we feel privileged to have the opportunity to represent their products.” -Andy “Reginald” Dinh, Team SoloMid
“OpTic Gaming is excited to continue our growth as an organization with the continued support of ASTRO Gaming, with their help the 2013 season is going to be a memorable and successful season!” said Hector Rodriguez, OpTic Gaming.
“Our team couldn’t be more excited to represent ASTRO Gaming in 2013. Their gear has truly become part of our daily lifestyles and has been integral to our success in competition.” Mike Rufail, Team EnVyUs.
As an official sponsor of each pro gaming team, ASTRO Gaming will provide logistical and travel support for all major tournaments held nationwide, including all of Major League Gaming’s 10th Annual Pro Circuit events, which kicks-off this weekend with the MLG Winter Championship, March 15-17 in Dallas, TX; providing team entry fees; and, of course, ensuring each team has the latest professional-grade ASTRO Gaming Headsets and MixAmps.
ASTRO Gaming has been a long-time supporter of eSports and professional gaming, developing uncompromising professional quality gear based on feedback and direction from the world’s best pro gamers. The studio has worked closely with Major League Gaming teams to develop the ultimate audio system for pro-level and dedicated at-home gamers that provided a critical competitive edge – the award-winning ASTRO A40 Gaming Headset. With today’s sponsorship of Evil Geniuses, Team SoloMid, OpTic Gaming and EnVyUs, ASTRO plans to once again take professional gaming to the next level. The company will be working very closely with each of these pro teams to drive its research and development into the next generation of products from ASTRO Gaming.
Evil Geniuses (http://www.myeg.net/)
- Game: League of Legends, DOTA 2, Starcraft II, CounterStrike, World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, Super Street Fighter IV
- About: Founded in 1999, Evil Geniuses is the Western world’s best video game team and a leading new media agency with a client portfolio that includes such brands as Intel, Monster Energy, Kingston Technology, and other major technology and consumer brands. Featuring gaming celebrities like Greg “IdrA” Fields, Justin “JWong” Wong, Lee “JD” Jaedong, Geoff “iNcontroL” Robinson, and Stephen “Snoopeh” Ellis, Evil Geniuses consists of only the most popular, storied, and influential gamers from around the world.
Team SoloMid (http://www.solomid.net/)
- Game: League of Legends
- Roster: Dan “Dan Dinh” Dinh, Andy “Reginald” Dinh, Shan “Chaox” Huang, Brian “TheOddOne” Wyllie, Alex “Xpecial” Chu, Marcus “Dyrus” Hill, Daryl “Wingsofdeathx” Hennegan, Jason “WildTurtle” Tran
- 2011 MLG Providence – (1st place)
- 2012 IPL 4 Las Vegas – (1st place)
- 2012 RoG International – (1st place)
- 2012 MLG Spring Championship – (1st place)
- 2012 MLG Summer Arena – (2nd place)
- 2012 IPL Face Off San Francisco – (1st place)
OpTic Gaming (http://www.twitch.tv/opticgaming)
- Game: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Roster: BigTymer, Merk, Rambo, Scumpi
- 2011 GameStop Black Ops PS3 – (1st place)
- 2011 MLG Columbus Black Ops – (1st place)
- 2011 MLG Orlando Black Ops – (1st place)
- 2011 CoD XP MW3 $1 Million Dollar Tournament – (1st place)
- 2012 UMG 10K Tournament – (1st place)
- 2012 EGL7 CoD MW3 – (1st place)
- Game: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Roster: Jordan “Proofy” Cannon, Ray “Rambo” Lussier, Tosh “Stainville” McGruder, Jordan “JKap” Kaplan
- 2008 MLG COD4 National Championship – (2nd place)
- 2009 MLG COD4 National Championship – (2nd place)
- 2010 MLG MW2 XBOX National Championship – (1st place)
- 2011 GameStop Black Ops XBOX – (1st place)
- 2011 MLG Black Ops National Championship – (2nd place)
- 2012 EGL8 Manchester – (3rd place)
- 2012 UMG Chicago MW3 – (2nd place)
- 2012 UMG Chicago Black Ops 2- (4th place)
About ASTRO Gaming
ASTRO Gaming creates premium video gaming equipment for pro gamers, leagues, gaming enthusiasts and their lifestyles. Spun-off from design powerhouse ASTRO Studios, known in the gaming world for designing the Microsoft Xbox 360™, Alienware PCs, and HP’s Gaming PCs, ASTRO Gaming produces a line of gamer-centric “tech-life” products, supporting this rapidly growing community. ASTRO Gaming’s product line includes the A50 Wireless Headset, the A40 Audio System, the A30 Cross-Gaming Headset, and the Transport Series of gaming gear bags.
About Skullcandy, Inc.
Skullcandy is a global designer, marketer and distributor of performance audio and gaming headphones and other accessory related products under the Skullcandy, Astro Gaming and 2XL by Skullcandy brands. Skullcandy became one of the world’s most distinct audio brands by bringing color, character and performance to an otherwise monochromatic space; helping to revolutionize the audio arena by introducing headphones, earbuds and other audio and wireless lifestyle products that possess unmistakable style and exceptional performance. The Company’s products are sold and distributed through a variety of channels in the U.S. and approximately 80 countries worldwide. Visit skullcandy.com, or join us at facebook.com/skullcandy or on Twitter @skullcandy.