DUNGEON SIEGE III: TREASURES OF THE SUN Adds Hours of Hack ‘n’ Slash Gameplay, New Story Arc and Action-Packed Quests. More details with screenshots after the jump.
Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas, announced today a robust downloadable content (DLC) pack for DUNGEON SIEGE® III will be available in October. Introducing several additional hours of gameplay, players will enjoy more of the World of Ehb with DUNGEON SIEGE III: TREASURES OF THE SUN™ as it offers a brand new plot arc, additional quests, new enemies and tons more loot.
In DUNGEON SIEGE III: TREASURES OF THE SUN, players will extend their journey and travel beyond the borders of Ehb to an all-new environment: the Aranoi Desert. On their search for a lost Legion hero, players will fight through hordes of new villains only to find a forgotten abbey hiding a long-lost secret: the greatest treasure of the Azunite faith.
Further supporting the hours of new content in the expansion, developer Obsidian Entertainment has introduced several refinements to the systems and mechanics of DUNGEON SIEGE III:
- New abilities: Players will be able to attain mastery of the arcane through powerful new attack, defense and healing abilities.
- Level up to 35: DUNGEON SIEGE III: TREASURES OF THE SUN will further power up players by raising DUNGEON SIEGE III‘s existing level cap from 30 to 35.
- More monsters and items: Players will encounter new monsters in the Aranoi Desert—including mummies and giant skeletons—and will find more powerful items, adding to the thousands already available in DUNGEON SIEGE III.
- Reallocate Talent & Proficiency Points: Players can reallocate points spent in Proficiencies and Talents, enabling changes to character customization throughout the campaign.
- New Enchanting System: Transmuting items now gives players chances at gaining powerful new Vials that allow them to enhance their weapons and armor through the DLC’s new enchanting system.
DUNGEON SIEGE III: TREASURES OF THE SUN is anticipated for release in October for $9.99. Players can download the DLC via Steam® (Windows PC), Xbox LIVE online entertainment network (Xbox 360®video game and entertainment system from Microsoft) and the PlayStation®Network.
About DUNGEON SIEGE III
DUNGEON SIEGE III is now available at retailers in North America for Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Windows PC via Steam. DUNGEON SIEGE III is rated T (Teen). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings. For more information about DUNGEON SIEGE III, please visit the official website at www.dungeonsiege.com or the official Facebook page at www.facebook.com/DungeonSiege3.
About Obsidian Entertainment
Obsidian Entertainment is an entertainment software development company passionately dedicated to making high quality role playing games for Windows PC and console systems. Obsidian was founded in 2003 by five game development veterans who’ve produced, programmed and/or designed award-winning role playing games for a variety of platforms over the last 15 years: Feargus Urquhart, Chris Parker, Darren Monahan, Chris Avellone and Chris Jones. Obsidian Entertainment’s Web site can be found at http://www.obsidian.net.
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix Group. The Square Enix Group operates a global network of leading development studios and boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property, including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 100 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 58 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 35 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at http://www.square-enix.com/na/.